Portland is a fully integrated communications consultancy trusted by some of the highest profile organizations, governments and individuals in the world, headquartered in London with global offices in Berlin, Brussels, Paris, Washington DC, Singapore, Doha and Nairobi.
We are leaders in integrated communications and public affairs campaigns helping clients manage their reputation, improve their visibility and connect with relevant stakeholders across multiple platforms.
Our team brings together experience from the highest levels of the public affairs, politics, media and digital campaigning to work with global markets, organisations and purpose-led businesses.
Our team brings together experience from the highest levels of the media, politics, and digital campaigning to work with global markets, major foundations, NGOs,
philanthropists and purpose-led businesses.
We have an unrivalled strategic counsel and an integrated team experienced in delivering international communications campaigns around the most complex issues
driving the global agenda – including around health, education, nutrition, climate, governance and misinformation. We also have a strong expertise in designing and
implementing communications across Africa and the Middle East.
Our journalistic expertise means we know how to spot and hone a story. Our team understands how to make a story work hard across every possible channel. We ensure the work we are doing is having the right impact with the right people.
We also provide expert advice and delivery in an increasingly digital world, taking a multi-channel approach to meet clients’ communications objectives through traditional and social media.
We are looking for an established Consultant (equivalent of an Account Manager / Senior Account Manager) to work either from our London, Paris or Brussels office on a number of our prestigious clients.
This role requires an individual with a background in communications, preferably having worked on multi-market projects in the international corporate, social impact, and/or
Account management :
- Manage the day-to-day work of your account teams, reporting to Senior Consultants, Partners and Directors
- Establish professional relationships with colleagues and clients alike
- Taking responsibility for full tactical implementation of client activity
- Researching and sourcing information and shaping reports that have value for our clients
- Providing advice on policy and media issues
- Tracking issues in the media, relevant to our clients, and making proactive recommendations of activities
- Sourcing and preparing detailed draft research briefs and media analysis reports
- Preparing activity reports for clients
- Helping build integrated communications plans for our clients
- Supporting in developing messaging, writing press releases, opinion articles, website copy, background material etc
- Supporting in the definition of our strategic approach for clients
- Helping coordinate and deliver media and social media engagement
- Digital research; social media analysis; content planning; online influencer mapping and creative input
- Developing strong media angles that resonate with the current conversation
- Media sell-in based on client projects
- Cultivating and nurturing relationships with journalists
New business :
- Play a key business development role, helping the senior team drive the growth of the practice
Team management :
- Support the management and development of the unit and line manage members of the team.
What we offer in return
- We are part of the Omnicom Group, the leading global advertising, marketing and corporate communications company.
- We have an unrivalled strategic and advisory council; a group that has held some of the hottest seats in politics and the media.
- Our clients benefit from their experience and expertise, but so do our people.
- We are committed to employee development and have an open doors culture.
- We have a solid and structured approach to individual career development where you will have the opportunity to learn from some of the most experienced people
in the business and we regularly reward and promote success within the company. We actively encourage staff to develop innovative and exciting ways of
delivering success and to take on new challenges and responsibilities to aid progression.
If you are interested in the role, please apply via this link:
For more details about our company, please visit our website at www.portland-communications.com
- You must have a Degree in politics, history, economics and English or equivalent experience;
- Be professionally fluent in French and English;
- Have excellent writing skills in French and English;
- Knowledge and enthusiasm for the media and international affairs is essential;
- Experience of global development, working with the United Nations, public affairs, politics and campaigning is an advantage
- Experience in journalism, blogging and social media is an advantage
- Be smart: Learn. Challenge. For your clients and because you want to.
- Be human: Give credit. Take responsibility for your actions. Listen.
- Be collaborative: Work with smart people. Make friends. Make everyone feel valued for what they can bring.
- Grow: Grow our business & our careers. Pursue new avenues. Adapt to what the market is telling us.