Portland – formerly known as GPLUS – is a fully integrated communications consultancy with dedicated specialists experienced in the development and implementation of public affairs and communications strategies.
Trusted by some of the highest profile organizations, governments and individuals in the world, we have global offices in Paris, Brussels, Berlin, London, Washington DC, Singapore, Doha and Nairobi.
Our services include political and regulatory risk, integrated advocacy campaigns, reputation management, and crisis communications. We have extensive experience in a wide range of policy areas, including digital and data protection, antitrust and trade law, transport, healthcare, environment and circular economy, financial services, sports and fisheries.
We understand national, European and global politics, how their stakeholders interact and where risks and opportunities lie for businesses.
Our teams of experienced and multilingual consultants invest time to understand clients from the inside out, work with them to set clear strategic direction, and then bring the whole of Portland’s abilities to bear to deliver their objectives.
Portland is a very results-driven business, with an unswerving focus on quality. To achieve this, we need to work collaboratively in a fun environment. We laugh, we strategize, we discuss, but we remember what is the most important: advancing the interests of our clients.
We have an opening for an Executive role in Paris. Our work is fast-paced, European and global in scope. We seek a highly motivated individual at the start of their career who brings a real passion for French and EU affairs, with a very good understanding of the French political system and media landscape.
You should be a strong analytical thinker and able to work both independently and as part of a team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting with the development of messaging and content that resonate in the French communications landscape.
- Monitoring issues in national and international media, social media, and politics, and analyzing key trends.
- Preparing research and briefing notes on national and international issues and developments.
- Developing stakeholder analyses.
- Developing and maintaining media and stakeholder contacts and databases. Supporting with the organization of events.
- Supporting with administrative and day-to-day management of client accounts, including activity reporting.
- Undertaking ad-hoc research to support new business proposals and pitches.
What we offer :
- You can expect to work on exciting projects and on a broad range of political topics.
- Our clients have a strong international orientation, which is why you will work closely ith our other colleagues based in Brussels, Berlin, London, Washington DC, Singapore, Doha and Nairobi.
- We are part of the Omnicom Group, the leading global advertising, marketing and corporate communications company.
- We have an unrivalled strategic and advisory council; a group that has held some of the hottest seats in politics and the media.
- Our clients benefit from their experience and expertise, but so do our people.
- We are committed to employee development and have an open doors culture.
- We have a solid and structured approach to individual career development where you will have the opportunity to learn from some of the most experienced people in the business and we regularly reward and promote success within the company. We actively encourage staff to develop innovative and exciting ways of delivering success and to take on new challenges and responsibilities to aid progression.
If you are interested in the role, please apply via this link:
For more details about our company, please visit our website at www.portland-communications.com
Below are a list of basic conditions we would ideally love our next colleague to meet. But most of all we are interested in meeting interesting people, people who question why decisions are made, people who are intellectually curious about the world around them, people who are able to come up with creative solutions.
- A Master’s degree in political sciences, economics, or law with 1 to 2 years of relevant experience in the French political and/or public policy-related field, e.g. through internships or political activities.
- Excellent communications skills (both written and verbal) in French and English.
- A high level of interest in political issues and the ability to analyse and translate them into campaigns and strategies.
- A passion for and a profound understanding of the national and European media landscape.
- The ability to conduct comprehensive analysis of information to tight deadlines while ensuring accuracy and relevance.
- A high degree of personal responsibility and the ambition to always deliver the best results.
- The ability to build personal networks.
- A logical, creative and flexible approach to solve problems, with an enthusiastic ‘can-do’ attitude.