Portland – formerly known as GPLUS – is a fully integrated communications consultancy with dedicated specialists experienced in the development and implementation of public affairs and communications strategies.
Trusted by some of the highest profile organizations, governments and individuals in the world, we have global offices in Paris, Brussels, Berlin, London, Washington DC, Singapore, Doha and Nairobi.
Our services include political and regulatory risk, integrated advocacy campaigns, reputation management, and crisis communications. We have extensive experience in a wide range of policy areas, including digital and data protection, antitrust and trade law, transport, healthcare, environment and circular economy, financial services, sports and fisheries.
We understand national, European and global politics, how their stakeholders interact and where risks and opportunities lie for businesses.
Our teams of experienced and multilingual consultants invest time to understand clients from the inside out, work with them to set clear strategic direction, and then bring the whole of Portland’s abilities to bear to deliver their objectives.
Portland is a very results-driven business, with an unswerving focus on quality. To achieve this, we need to work collaboratively in a fun environment. We laugh, we strategize, we discuss, but we remember what is the most important: advancing the interests of our clients.
We have an opening for an Associate Consultant role in Paris.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with 3 to 5 years of professional experience who brings a practical knowledge of and enthusiasm for the French political
You should be a strong analytical thinker and able to work both independently and as part of a team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing solid client relationships, maintaining a thorough understanding of client’s business and industry, and translating that knowledge into quality advice.
- Developing of concepts and political/media campaigns for clients.
- Monitoring issues in national and international media, social media, and politics, and analyzing key trends.
- Preparing research and briefing notes on national and international issues and developments.
- Drafting materials including opinion articles, statements, and press releases.
- Developing stakeholder analyses.
- Establishing and maintaining contacts with socio-political stakeholders and journalists.
- Organizing events (parliamentary discussion groups, roundtables, press conferences).
- Attending, virtually or in-person events, and reporting on events relevant to client interests.
- Looking out for opportunities to add value to and grow client accounts, identifying potential new business opportunities and participating in new business pitches.
- Managing more junior staff members.
What we offer :
- You can expect to work on exciting projects and on a broad range of political topics.
- Our clients have a strong international orientation, which is why you will work closely ith our other colleagues based in Brussels, Berlin, London, Washington DC, Singapore, Doha and Nairobi.
- We are part of the Omnicom Group, the leading global advertising, marketing and corporate communications company.
- We have an unrivalled strategic and advisory council; a group that has held some of the hottest seats in politics and the media.
- Our clients benefit from their experience and expertise, but so do our people.
- We are committed to employee development and have an open doors culture.
- We have a solid and structured approach to individual career development where you will have the opportunity to learn from some of the most experienced people in the business and we regularly reward and promote success within the company. We actively encourage staff to develop innovative and exciting ways of delivering success and to take on new challenges and responsibilities to aid progression.
If you are interested in the role, please apply via this link:
For more details about our company, please visit our website at www.portland-communications.com
- You hold a master’s degree in political sciences, economics, or law.
- You have 3 to 5 years of experience in a consultancy, the public affairs department of a company, an association or within the public institutions (National Assembly, ministerial cabinet, etc);
- You are a native French speaker with excellent communications skills in English (both written and verbal).
- You have a profound understanding of the French political environment and the ability to translate them into campaigns and strategies.
- You have a strong knowledge of the French and European public policies and an interest in the national and European media landscape.
- You are intellectual curious and take keen interest in current affairs.
- You know how to develop your own personal network and have the confidence to deal with journalists, officials, and executives at major corporations.
- You are able to conduct comprehensive analysis of information to tight deadlines while ensuring accuracy and relevance.
- Have a logical and creative approach to solve problems, with an enthusiastic ‘can-do’ attitude.
- You are digitally savvy, flexible and a self-starter.